PERFORM. TOUR. TRAVEL. EXPLORE.
What is Triple Threat?
The Acting Studio’s Triple Threat Conservatory is an exciting opportunity for students to train with professionals in the industry, perform both locally and abroad, tour in the summer to exciting locations, and give back to their community through our outreach program. Triple Threat is an audition-based program, and students must be at least 8 years old. If accepted, students will be placed into classes that will help them grow in the three disciplines of musical theatre: Acting, Dance and Voice. NEW THIS YEAR: Certain students will be eligible to advance to our Elite Veteran status! More details below!
- Each student is provided with both required and recommended courses once accepted into the program. These requirements and recommendations are uniquely tailored to promote growth and improvement in certain areas, while strengthening skills across all disciplines.
- The basic Triple Threat Conservatory package requires at least 1 hr Acting Class, 1 hr Dance Class, and 1 hr Voice Class (or 30-min. private instruction) per week. However, Elite Veterans may be required to take more.
- Please keep in mind that younger students must be able to handle three hours of classes per week minimum, in addition to rehearsals. You are not, however, required to go on summer tour in order to be in the program (but it’s a lot of fun!).
NEW! Elite Veteran Status
We’re excited to announce our new Elite Veteran status within Triple Threat! Elite Veteran students are at the top tier of our training program and will earn new opportunities never offered before by the Acting Studio!
To be eligible as an Elite Veteran, a student must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Frisco/Grapevine students: You have completed a minimum of 3 consecutive years in the Triple Threat program and will be entering your fourth year (or more!) this season.
- Rockwall/Keller students: You have completed a minimum of 2 consecutive years in the Triple Threat program and will be entering your third year (or more!) this season.
- You have demonstrated leadership behavior such as: compassion, taking risks, setting a calm and positive example, volunteering for tech duties or the upkeep of the Studio, and additional Life Skills through Stage Skills.
- You have been consistent in your attendance of all classes and lessons.
- You have performed in at least one Acting Studio Production or Summer Tour!
Students who feel they meet these criteria may click the button below to apply!
Being a Triple Threat Elite Veteran comes with numerous perks, including:
- More travel, performance, and “giving back” opportunities! Please see the calendar in the coming weeks for planned opportunities around DFW in support of local children’s hospitals and charitable organizations. We’re also planning an exclusive Veteran trip to the United Kingdom, so stay tuned for more info!
- Discounted (or possibly FREE) tuition for select workshops offered at the Studio!
- Elite swag! We’ll offer NEW 3T Elite Veteran merchandise (such as jackets and hats) that only Veterans can buy!
- One free private consultation per semester with a Studio Director or Owner about your progress, your artistic health, and your artistic journey.
- Eligibility to apply for an Artistic Internship at WaterTower Theatre for the fall and spring semesters.
- Eligibility to be selected by a Studio Owner as a Teaching Assistant for a specific class or instructor.
- Eligibility to be selected as a Studio Brand Ambassador! This is another exciting NEW opportunity…more details below!
To maintain Elite Veteran status, students are expected to:
- Volunteer at least 3 hours of time each semester to aid the studio, a show, a director, or a fellow student, etc. (Your tech track in a production that you’re already in does not count.)
- Maintain consistent attendance in your classes and lessons, and be responsible for communicating (NOT via your guardian) with the office about extended absences (due to homework or outside shows, etc.).
- Continue to demonstrate leadership qualities under the umbrella of our Studio’s Life Skills through Stage Skills.
- Adhere at all times to the Studio Code of Conduct.
For information on 2020 tour itineraries and pricing for either London or Orlando, please contact the general manager by email here.
Triple Threat students enjoy discounted package pricing on their monthly tuition, depending on the classes they take. Please click the button below for details on available packages.
Triple Threat students learn and rehearse a 20-30 minute medley show throughout the year, which will be our performance while on tour. We expect students to work hard, learn complex dance combos and multi-part harmony, and practice on their own time in order to keep us on schedule.
Prior to tour, we have a week of daily rehearsals, followed by a Friends & Family performance to showcase what we’ve put together! This is always a huge hit, and all Acting Studio students are invited to attend!
While on tour, students will perform for the public twice. We have performed at both Disneyland and Disney World, as well as at the famed Neighborhood Playhouse and the Intrepid Air & Space Museum in New York City.