This class is designed for students who have taken at least one year of previous dance training (such as Ballet/Jazz I) and receive a teacher’s recommendation. Lyrical is introduced into this class, along with maintaining and developing their ballet and jazz techniques. Dancers are now encouraged to really intertwine their technique with their acting and place further emphasis on telling the story through movement.
Life Skill: BE INTUITIVE!
- Practice discipline, goal-setting, & follow-through
- Develop awareness & the ability to listen to your body
- Gain attention to detail, with precision in movement
- Encourage thinking & moving outside the box
- Build self-confidence & work ethic
- Develop a healthy perspective on competition
- Grow courage to take bigger risks
- Practice focus & commitment
- Find the fun in hard work
- Practice respect for self & others
- Use good manners